Make a difference in the lives of people and feel good doing so
Want to be a part of AAHAA? If you share our passion for healthcare access we would love to hear from you. Visit our
Contact Page and fill out information or contact via phone at 847.395.2809.
Get involved and make a difference in the Antioch, IL area.
Position Title: AAHAA Network NurseTM
Position Overview: The AAHAA Network NurseTM is focused on client outreach. The position is charged with direct contact with individuals needing healthcare access support through home or residence visits and the development and coordination of outreach programs for potential clients. Primary function is to link clients, through referrals and education, to necessary healthcare/medical services and follow-up to assure access has been obtained. She/he establishes strong working relationships with healthcare providers in the community.
Essential Job Functions
- Work collaboratively with health and human service organizations/partners and members of the community to identify individuals in need of healthcare access support
- Conduct direct contact visits with identified clients to assist in access to services
- Conduct community based educational programs to assist clients in access to services Complete monthly HIPPA compliant reports on contacts, referrals and referral followup
- Assist the organization in the development of new and advanced program functions
- Advise the organization on impact of activities and client feedback monthly
- Assist and inform the organization on communication opportunities and needs
- Assist the organization in the identification and development of partnership support
- Represent the organization at identified events consistent with the organization’s mission
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Public health/community health/home health experience highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Activity organization, planning, and reporting skills
- Ability to motivate and direct volunteers
- Computer skill for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Applications
- Communication skills to medium to large groups
- Fundamental understanding of nonprofit organizational performance standards
NOTE: This is a part time position; 20 hours average per week; hours are flexible; may require some early evening and weekend scheduling
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.